Your privacy is our top priority. Therefore, we will make every effort to keep any personal information confidential in compliance with Japan’s privacy principles.
What is the type of information we collect?
The type of information we collect includes:
• Contact details (name, address, phone numbers, email, etc);
• Educational qualifications;
• Donation history; and
• Credit card and/or bank account details.
The types of sensitive information we collect include records of communication between us, which may include from time to time, information you provide us or we collect from others. This includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
• Health information;
• Professional information;
• Religious information (including attendance, denominational details);
• Personal credit card data; and
• Personal (idiosyncratic) information obtained from you or others about you.
What is the purpose for collecting your personal data?
Lifehouse Church is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to communicating the message of the Gospel in Japan and throughout the world. This means that we embark on a number of different ways to develop and implement Christian services into communities that are in need of a healthy, loving local church. This includes establishing new church campuses, services, conferences, resource dissemination, and further investing in kids and youth programs and also being involved in our local and international aid initiatives to help people with acute needs in different countries and cultures.
The purposes for collecting your personal data is:
• To allow us to introduce people to our organization, promote the Gospel to them, pray and provide other Christian services to them, and to inform them of the work we do.
• For the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us (for example, to enable us to process your request, payment, registration, subscription, etc.)
• To maintain contact with you about our work, to report to you about our work, or to encourage you to learn about what we do.
• For any other purpose directly related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
• To assist our Pastoral staffs ascertain the compatibility of an individual applicant to serve on the Dream Team.
• To assist volunteer team leaders communicate with you regarding roster dates, schedule changes, training materials, and updates.
How we collect your personal data?
We collect personal information about supporters, donors, volunteers, employees, contractors, and visitors to our events. We collect your information in the following ways:
• Face-to-face contact;
• Electronically, including through our website and online surveys;
• Via social media messages or conversations;
• Voice or image recordings;
• Whilst delivering and administering services at our facilities or other facilities; and
• From forms and other correspondence (both in writing and electronically).
What we don’t do
• We don’t use the information in any way other than in the furtherance of our objectives.
• We don’t rent, sell or exchange your information. Transaction processing organizations, to whom we normally disclose your personal information, include those who help us administer our technology information systems. We take reasonable steps to ensure these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations when handling your personal information.
Cookies and links to other websites
When you visit this website a record of your visit is logged. The following data is supplied by your browser:
• Your IP address and/or domain name;
• Your operating system (type of browser and platform);
• The date, time, and length of your visit to our website; and
• The recourse you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
This information is used to compile statistical information about the use of our website. It is not used for any other purpose. If you do not want ‘cookies’ to be used please adjust your browser settings to disable them.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites, and third party websites may also link to our website.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you link to from our website.
Securing your information
• We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal and sensitive information we hold, and to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, destruction, modification or disclosure.
• Our IT systems are password protected and comply with applicable security standards.
• Only authorized personnel are permitted to access these details.
It is our policy to:
• Permanently de-identify personal information where reasonable and possible.
• Destroy personal information once there is no longer a legal or business need for us to retain it.
By submitting your personal data to us, you will be treated as having given your consent – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosure referred to in this policy.
Additionally, if at any time you wish to stop serving on a volunteer team, or stop participating in an activity associated with us, please contact us and we will destroy or stop using your personal information for such purposes indicated here as soon as it is reasonably possible to do so, and if there is no longer a legal or business need to retain it.